Another year and another new President. Peter Westbrook is the new President of Sutton Coldfield Catenians. An old photo of him is attached!! The installation was held over Zoom and presided over by the retiring President, Tony Walsh. Tony did a tremendous job in keeping the circle together and coordinated throughout the pandemic. We are in his debt. He was superbly supported by a former President, Steve Broom who organised all the Zoom meetings.
Peter wants the monthly meetings to be memorable events, so with this in mind he has contacted a number of very interesting speakers who should help generate interest. The speakers include:
- Andrew Mitchell, MP (His reflections on the current state of politics).
- Simon Ward, Mayor of Sutton Coldfield (the plans for the Town Centre).
- Bob Mackenzie (an extraordinary life from Tea Planter, Commercial Tea Taster to being the MD of the UK’s leading organiser of leadership and management speaker events; Benchmark For Business Ltd).
- Peter Hutton, founding partner in Ipsos Mori, the leading survey and polling company.
- Dave Price, Film and TV extra, shortly to be seen as the Earl of Suffolk in the new TV series Ann Boleyn.
- Adam Barsby, well known artist, specialising in classic cars of the 60s and 70s.
- Adrian Nixon, one of the UK’s leading authorities on graphene, the new ‘wonder’ material.
- Stephanie Perraton, the incoming President of the Birmingham Area Law Society.
- Richard Fallon, President of St Pauls Club and an important facilitator of support available to companies from our local universities.
- Jane Finlay of Finlays, one of the UK’s foremost commercial Landscape Gardening companies.
The speakers will in addition to other planned activities. We want everyone to be buzzing when they leave!!!
Finally, we all reflected on the life and service of Prince Philip. A man of many talents who instigated so many worthwhile new institutions including the Duke Of Edinburgh Awards and St George’s House (a venue and meeting place for people from all around the world inviting great speakers and conferences to discuss the major challenges facing us). God Bless him and may he be a inspiration to getting ‘good things’ done.